20 August 2008

I demand equal opportunity ogling!!

I'm having a ball watching the Olympics coverage. (Though my sleep cycle will thank me when it's over!) I'm especially enjoying rooting for the beach volleyball due Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh. These are amazing athletes and I believe this is a legitimate "sport" that belongs in the Olympics. (Don't get me started about those that I don't think have any business being there...!)

But I have a question.

Why do the male competitors wear this:


And the female competitors wear this?


I DEMAND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY OGLING, DAMMIT! Gimme bare chests and rippling abs, tight butts in tiny little "uniforms"!

I'm storming the IOC office. Who's with me??

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am ssoooooo with you Carolan!!! But at least we can take some solace in the low slung suits the swimmers wear.
::sigh::
Hugs!
~Paige :)

Carolan Ivey said...

How sad is it that some of my favorite Olympic eye candy is in the equestrian events? LOL

[[swimmers]] Heck yeah! You have to wonder how those things stay on! I keep waiting (hoping?) to get flashed. ;)

Some of the runners wear next to nothing as well, have you noticed? But since the original Olympians competed naked, I guess we should be grateful for those little scraps of clothing!

Tink said...

I'm with you all the way!! I said exactly the same thing while watching the beach volleybal matches!