1. Though I'm sure my surgeon is competent and did a good job, I miss the surgeon who worked on my other foot. He was a lot more personable and didn't make me feel like I was wasting his time by (gasp!) asking questions.
2. My dogs are heavier than I thought they were. Getting them to move once they've settled into place on my lap or stomach involves a pry bar and a crane.
3. I'm off the Oxycontin, but still need the Percoset at night. I'd hoped to be completely off all prescription painkillers by now.
4. I have an amazing family.
5. I was able to get back to some semblance of work within only 7 days of surgery. That's the beauty of working from home.
6. Talking live on radio is a lot harder than it sounds! I haven't had the guts to go back an listen to my Raven Radio podcast. My editor insists I was fine, that I sounded "genuine" (read: I babbled) and "passionate about writing" (read: I rambled).
7. J.C. Wilder is the bestest friend a girl could have.
8. The ladies at TwoLipsReviews.com are insane. And I mean that in the best possible way. [blowing smooches at Kerin]
9. I adore my Beyond the Veil blogmates. They make my job so easy. They didn't paint the BtV castle Pepto-pink while I was gone (though there is an odd smell coming from the moat). There's not one diva among them. Okay, maybe SJ has delusions of diva-ness sometimes... (kidding! love ya, SJ!)
10. Percoset doesn't work as well as it did at first - I can see why people get addicted to this stuff. You build up a resistance to it and need more to get the same effect.
11. My son PASSED all his first-semester classes! Yay!
12. Taking a shower now takes 30 minutes instead of 10. It's all the prep work involved - getting my clothes laid out, setting up everything within arm's reach of the shower, making sure all body parts are dry before getting out of the shower so I don't slip and fall on the tile floor.
13. My husband has had a nasty virus this week, which means he has been staying as far away from me as possible and wiping everything he touches with Clorox wipes so I don't pick up whatever he has. I can see him, but I miss him. :(
See more Thursday Thirteens!