27 April 2007

RT: Day 3 and 5 Lips

It is the afternoon of the third day of RT. True to form, I am crashing for a hour or two of downtime in my hotel room! This always happens, no matter how carefully I pace myself. Ah, well, it's part of the whole experience.

Last night's Faery Ball was sooo much fun. The costumes were gorgeous - some people REALLY went all out. The costume contest winner was vision in white, including 5-foot-long white peacock feathers. I'd love to know how she got that costume here intact! Me, I wore a green medieval dress I had in my closet, strapped on some lime green faery wings, clapped a tacky, flashing-light shamrock tiara on my head, and I was good to go. I felt sorry for the waitress who had to serve my dinner leaning over the wings. :) I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off, snapping pictures. If I had remembered the USB cable to my camera, I would have uploaded some now!

Today I spent a raucous hour in Club RT, talking with readers. I LOVE doing this - I meet so many just plain nice people. The only danger is that the vendors are in there, too - I dropped a chunk of change, as I always do, at the Frozen Light jewelry booth. I go over there telling myself to buy one piece. ONE. But the proprietress keeps handing me things she seems to instinctively know I'll love, and she's right every time. I left there with a silver and moonstone pendant, matching earrings, another pair of silver earrings, and a Celtic design green amber pendant.

Tonight is the big vampire ball, for which I've brought another costume. After that a bunch of us are going to huddle in our hotel room, watch The Princess Bride, and bond over wine and snacks.

So far this has been one of the nicest RTs I've ever attended. The hotel is great, everything is centrally located, the food is good, the coffee shop is open 24 hours, and the bar service is quick. What more could you ask? :)

I got some very nice news from my IN THE GLOAMING anthology partner, Isabo Kelly, yesterday! Two Lips Reviews gave ABHAINN'S KISS 5 lips and a recommended read designation! Yay! In fact, all three stories in this anthology got 5 lips, except for Isabo's, which got 5-1/2! Wowza. I feel honored to be in such company.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I soooooooooooo wanted to go. :( Thank for the updates though. :)