15 September 2007

Much fun to be had!

This weekend is our town's annual Irish-American festival, so about 12 hours from now you will find me with my feet up, sitting under a tree on the Maumee River waterfront, a Guinness in one hand and a Smithwycks in the other, listening to a Celtic rock band under the stars.

Okay, so I won't have a beer in EACH hand. I'll be a good girl and drink them one at a time.

I'm awaiting the second round of edits on my upcoming novel, Beaudry's Ghost. It is in the clutches of Mean Editor has it right now, so I'm biting my nails to see what she has to say about it. (Blowing kisses at Angie.)

It has been years since I've sat down and read this story, and I'm remembering now why it was, and still is, the book of my heart. I'd like to think my writing has improved since then, so I'm fixing a few things that are now my pet peeves. Like head-hopping. Yikes, I'd forgotten how much I did it in this book. All better now, though! And I'm also beefing up a secondary character a little bit in preparation for his story, that comes after this one.

I'm also amazed at how much historical research I did for this book, and how much of it I've forgotten! Civil War weaponry, battle tactics, etiquette, jargon, clothing and uniforms... And back when I first wrote it, cell phones were not a ubiquitous as they are now, so I had to a little bit of updating.

But it has been a lot of fun, a walk down memory lane. And I can't wait to see what Samhain does for the cover!! Hee!

Now I'm off to do the Glamourous Author thing. Translation: Clean my house!

3 comments:

Angela James said...

I'll take the kisses, but it's Lindsey you called Mean Editor, not me ;) I am merely evil.

Carolan Ivey said...

Darn, I am ALWAYS getting you guys mixed up. Must be the baggy eyes and the fake eyelashes...

[running away]

Unknown said...

It must be festival time. We had the Wilderness Festival this weekend. I love those types of events. :)