15 May 2007

Picture of the day


It is days like today - sunny, warm, with the purple azaleas and rhododendrons in full bloom, that make me homesick for North Carolina.

So I thought I'd share a picture of one of my favorite places, Roan Mountain. Picture an entire mountainside covered in blooming purple rhododendron. From a distance you'd almost think you were in Scotland, looking at Highland heather in full glory. It makes sense that the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games are held not far from this spot, the stomping grounds of my father's side of the family.
Hope your weather is half as pretty as ours today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture is gorgeous! I've been telling people all day today what a beautiful day it is. :) I'm about to head out for the garden as soon as I'm done blog hopping. lol