10 May 2007

Thirteen Places I Have Traveled

I couldn't get the html to work, so here is my Thursday 13 in plain old text!

Thirteen Places I've Been

My husband travels for business quite a bit. Being an engineer, he is always looking for the most cost-effective ways to travel, and has learned to work the system to accumulate tons of frequent flyer miles and hotel points. This means that we've been fortunate to be able to travel as a family to some pretty cool destinations at relatively low cost. It's tough having him gone all the time, but these trips almost make up for it.

I firmly believe that every writer should travel as much as she or he can afford. Books and internet research only take you so far!


Here are a few places my feet have trod, in no particular order:

1. England


2. Scotland

3. Ireland

4. Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks

5. Grand Canyon, Canyon de Chelley in Arizona

6. Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks

7. Denali National Park, Alaska

8. Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado

9. Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park, Alberta, Canada and Montana

10. Banff, Jasper, and Yoho National Parks, Alberta, Canada

11. Bavaria region of Germany

12. Key West, Florida

13. Paris, France


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. J.C. Wilder

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice list!! I was on the phone with my best friend this morning and we were talking about all the places we'd like to travel together. :) Someday I hope.

Jeannine said...

You do like your parks, don't you :-)
Happy late TT!

Carolan Ivey said...

Well, we were Natural Resources majors in college. [grin]

It is one of my dreams to visit all the national parks in my lifetime. It may not happen, but we're sure gonna try!